|CUSTOM – The Woodsmoke team are available to provide…|
- Bespoke Small Group Bushcraft / Survival Courses – Offering everything from the fundamental skills to more specific specialist courses on subjects like axemanship, tracking, plantlore, wild foods and wilderness cookery, woodcraft, etc.
- Tailor-made Wilderness Expeditions / Challenges – wilderness travel skills in extreme environments working with renown wilderness guides, indigenous peoples, trackers and tribal communities.
- Private Individual Training – private one-to-one training to refine and master specific skill sets.
- Wilderness Guiding , Wildlife Tracking, Mountain Leading.
- Seminars / Public Speaking – Ben and Lisa have both presented the subject of wilderness skills to both popular & academic audiences such as the Royal Geographical Society, international university conferences in the UK and abroad, at trade shows and to overseas organisations.
- Magazine Editorial – Ben, Lisa and the team have previously written for periodicals such as Geographical, Trail Magazine, Bushcraft & Survival Skills, etc. Lisa has also appeared in articles in both The Times and The Guardian.
|CORPORATE / CHALLENGE EVENTS – In recent years we have facilitated leadership development programs and challenges here in the UK, Spain, Morocco, Oman and Namibia. These have ranged from single or multi-day events, packed with complex, problem solving practical challenges, these wilderness skills provide a unique platform to deliver leadership initiative, communication skills and ongoing development training. Frequently working in partnership with business psychologists and small focus management groups, we have an excellent professional support network, here in the UK and in more remote locations around the world. |
As a qualified tour guide in South Africa who has spent a lot of time in the ‘Bush’ I thought it was going to be a normal weekend camping……it wasn’t. It was way more than I could have imagined. The atmosphere was fun even though we were learning. You could not learn more than we did on any other course in the space of time that we did. Our days were full, as were our bellies. Great Value. The tuition was the part that exceeded my expectations, it is one thing knowing everything, it is another thing teaching it. Ben and his crew were able to do both with comfortable ease. No weak links, Ben however was WORLD CLASS. I did not know that I could learn so much in such a short time while having so much fun. I cannot recommend Woodsmoke enough.’ Weekend private team building event for Vivo Barefoot. Sept 2014.
|EXECUTIVE WILDERNESS RETREATS – Teaming up with ex-international athlete, Olympic sport psychologist, and experienced executive coach – Jonathan Males of Performance1, we can offer a unique brand of executive coaching. Our bespoke wilderness retreats are designed to meet the demands placed on senior directors / managers, CEOs and Board level executives.|
|CONSULTANCY – Ideal for TV crews, we can provide logistical and medical support, risk assessment, casi-vac, etc. Ben McNutt has an encyclopaedic knowledge of wilderness survival skills and is an experienced expedition logistics facilitator. Lisa Fenton, who has a Masters in Ethnobotany and is currently reading for a PhD doctorate in Ethno-biology (specialising on wilderness skills and indigenous knowledge transmission) – together they have been industry leaders and opinion formers in the field of bushcraft and survival skills for the last decade.|
|MEDIA – TV Presentation – Ben has co-presented a number of wilderness skills based TV shows. Including ‘Happy Campers’ with Kristen O’Brien, an episode of ‘Munchies’ with Ben Ferguson and ‘Escape to the Country’ with Aled Jones.|